Saturday, April 12, 2014

2011 Badam Adventure!(ops again)

There are certain things in life, which inspires a person to take(taste?@#) adventure time and again..same is my relation to the king of nuts, Badam.. yes u heard it right..its back again.
.
I felt quite bored that day..I was browsing some website...and lol !!..my eyes struck on : Badam Cake..Its been a year since I moved here..but that day.. my eyes pondered on the Electric Oven..it had been a storage area for my cookware..

I checked if I got all ingredients..I seemed to have most of them..I thought..I should give a try and not bother about the outcome..(anyways..I am not the first person to taste it!!?) I browsed the site and managed to make the batter for this eggless Badam Cake.
Now it is experiment time. First time I ever operated oven..I removed all cookware and cleaned the oven..I put the batter on baking tray, preheated the oven. In the mean time, i took a break to watch TV...I left the patio door open, for cool breeze to flow in..Wow.!! what a wonderful eve it was...it was smelling pleasant..the fragrance of spring...

Suddenly I felt some slight burning smell. like that of the oil..I wondered what it could be..and thought I would check the oven once...my goodness!! There was something burning inside the oven..since it was an unused, new oven..I thought there was some plastic sticker or so that started baking inside..I really didn’t know what to do..we have a portable fan..I immediately got it 'ON' and left the oven door open. I could see a blaze of fire inside....thoughts rushed in my head....Ops the fire alarm, followed my Mamu!! oh no!!..Should i call my hubby??..oh no!!..he'll go mad..I saw myself amidst smoke from oven.. I quickly realized the fan was helping the flames and quickly turned the fan off. I took a closer look at oven..and saw there was some paper, lying on the upper coil of the oven...I immediately grabbed a pair of tongs and pulled out the burning fire..I rushed and threw the burning flame at patio..there were ashes of the paper all around the home..

Well. all such things are common in life..I thought..I must not worry or get scared abut this..I grabbed the cake pan..took guidance from my sister in law and let the cake to bake..
In the mean time, I cleaned the mess ,. and made the house clueless of what happened..It was evening time, and my hubby came home..he immediately said.." hey, I feel some burning smell...what happened"..( oh no, he is very sensitive to smell...hmm..) I smiled and said..today is an adventure day for him..he said "Is it badam halwa!!??" I laughed and said.."It’s an upgraded version...Introducing..Badam cake!!". I can never forget his reaction.., in the mean time., I called my parents at NY..They wished my hubby - all the best( "for eating cake")..I opened the oven and gave the first cake piece to him..
My hubby said, it was more like bread..Guess what? I realized I forgot to add sugar to the cake..But we did like it.
I immediately put cream cheese, sprinkled sweetener, little honey and some jam..It was indeed good..
But in the end, I realized the ingredients I used were low fat, no cholesterol stuff.. It was indeed a eggless, low fat cake..Wow.!!
Here goes the recipe..
---------------------------------------
Dry Ingredients :
3 cups maida

2 cups ghee roasted powdered badam

Baking soda 1.5 tea spoon

1 pinch salt
2 cardamon + 1 table spoon sugar : powdered

Wet Ingredients

1 table spoon butter(melted)
1 cup sweet concentrated lassi (Brand: Deep)(Fat free)
Badam paste( peeled soaked badam + milk : blend to smooth paste)
1 spoon honey
Mix the wet ingredients into a smooth uniform mixture.
Mix the dry ingredients evenly and slowly add the liquid ingredients.

Preheat the oven at 350F, cook for 30min at 350F.

Icing :
Low calories sweetener.

Fat free cream cheese.
Mix the icing mixture well and spread it on the cake. May spread strawberry jam as well..

Could decorate with berries, cherries etc.
Njoy the Badam adventure..mmm..yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment